Thermal Ash Decking
Time for a new deck? or does your existing deck need a new top?
Time to try something new, Heat Treated Ash Decking!
Why Ash Decking?
This process changes the characteristics of the wood. Notable advantages include:
- Improved dimensional stability
- Eliminates the risk of decay and damage caused by insects
- The high heat chemically transforms sugars in the wood. This makes the wood unattractive to potentially harmful insects, and acts as a barrier against decay caused by humidity and other water damage.
- Uniform darker coloration throughout the thickness of the lumber
- This makes it a great choice for outdoor or indoor uses where high humidity is present.
- Green alternative
- The fact that there are no chemicals added during the process allows the company to offer the consumer a green alternative solution in a diversified market.